Please see appendix for additional information about online sessions
Eymg is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how and why your personal data, will be processed. It tells you how your information is stored, treated and disposed of, and what your rights are.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, and any replacement or amending legislation, Wendy Prevezer is the Data Controller, as registered with the I.C.O. She can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you send a message via or register on the eymg website, subscribe to the blog, submit a form for a place in a group, book a place by text or email or apply to be a volunteer, a contract is formed between us and you agree to the practices described in this policy.
Early Years Music Groups are weekly music sessions for babies and toddlers, with their parents or carers. Online application forms are usually completed by parents/carers in advance of joining the group. Sometimes initial visits and the first few sessions are arranged by email or text. The information collected in those application forms, emails and texts is used only to administer the group sessions and your payment.
If you subscribe to the eymg blog on the website, you will receive emails about booking dates and processes, and occasionally about other carefully selected information that may be of interest.
If you make contact with the intention of becoming a volunteer, the information you give will be used to send you an application form, which will then be used to help assess your suitability for becoming a volunteer at eymg .
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information provided by you
This is information that you share by emailing, texting, registering or sending a query via the website, submitting an application, or otherwise interacting with eymg. It may include but is not limited to:
Name, address, email address and telephone numbers
Children’s names and dates of birth
Details of any developmental/medical conditions that you choose to share
If you are interested in being a volunteer, information you provide may also include your education and employment history, declaration of any past criminal convictions and details of referees and their written references, in addition to your name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
Information collected about you.
Photos and videos are taken occasionally at the groups, with your specific consent.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
Why we collect information from you
Information about parents/carers and children, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used:
- to administer the groups and to provide you with any information and services that you request from eymg
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to comply with Health & Safety and Safeguarding requirements
- to notify you of occasional events and articles that may be of interest
If you are a potential volunteer, the information will be used to make contact with you to discuss your interest, provide you with application information, assess your suitability to become a volunteer and obtain references.
Cookies may be used in the following ways:
to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
to operate our content management system.
to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal data if:
- we are legally required to do so
- we believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our group members or visitors to our groups or websites
- we have a safeguarding concern and need to contact other agencies to ensure the safety/wellbeing of you and/or your child
- you have given your explicit consent for photos and/or videos to be shared in specific ways
Storing your personal information
Your information is stored on a password-protected Personal Computer and basic contact details on a mobile phone, plus a an external hard drive for back up. Some information is also stored on paper.
Eymg will only keep your information for as long as it is needed to provide you with the services you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure that we honour your preferences. .
We take all reasonable steps to protect all information about parents/carers, children and volunteers in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Keeping paper files, memory sticks and hard drives in a locked filing cabinet when not in use.
- Using a secure firewall and anti-virus protection software on the PC.
Unfortunately, transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure, and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
Disposing of your personal information
Information provided or collected on paper is stored securely and reviewed every 12 months. When no longer required, it is shredded.
Eymg continues to store and process your information until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists (after three years from the last correspondence between us.) Then your details are deleted from the PC, hard drive and mobile phone.
Photos/videos for which you have given consent to be used for publicity may be kept indefinitely. But you can of course withdraw your consent .
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us to delete any or all of your personal information: please contact email@example.com
Data Protection legislation gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
- the right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request). We will respond to any request within one month.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes. We do not use screening or profiling techniques to target you with fundraising appeals.
Other important information
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use data please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Prevezer. Updated May 2018
Appendix April 2020 for online sessions via ZOOM:
- Invitations to the sessions are sent by email, with an embedded password, to those families who have confirmed that they will be attending the session.
- The virtual waiting room is used to ensure that only people who have been invited to the session are admitted. If anyone is not recognised by the host they will be asked to verify their identity before being allowed to take part in the session.
- Participants can choose not to be seen on video during the session, as long the host knows who they are.
- No one is permitted to video or take photos of the people involved, during live online sessions.
- The sessions are not recorded by the session leader.
- Only the host can share content during the session (photos, files, whiteboard etc.)